This website is run by South Hinksey Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible: most of our older PDF and Word documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read please contact us – see below for three ways of contacting us.
We will consider your request and get back to you within seven days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us – see below for three ways of contacting us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or in writing
If you want to contact South Hinksey Parish Council, you can contact the Parish Clerk in any of the following three ways:
- Email the Parish Clerk – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone the Parish Clerk – 07419 991623
- Write to the Parish Clerk – 20a Harley Road, OXFORD, OX2 0HR.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
South Hinksey Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to non-accessible content listed below.
- Some documents such as the Annual Governance and Accountability Return and our old minutes are not accessible as they have been scanned. They have been published in this way because they are required to be published as a signed document
- Some documents may not be fully accessible, but are based on standard templates/documents provided, for example, by Vale of White Horse District Council or the National Association of Local Councils.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- Many of our older PDFs and Word documents don’t meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
- Some of our Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have forms relating to our burial ground published as Word documents. We plan to fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
- The accessibility regulations don’t require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we don’t plan to fix minutes, agendas and background papers published before September 2018.
- Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.