The parish consists of two wards, the Village ward and the Hinksey Hill ward, each of which is entitled to elect three councillors.
Hinksey Hill Ward
Linda Goodhead has been re-elected unopposed in May 2023 and David Maitland co-opted to serve for another four years. There is one vacancy.
Andy Clayton, Pat Jones and Richard Peacock have been re-elected unopposed in May 2023 to serve for another four years.
At its first meeting the new Council elected Patricia Jones as Chair and Linda Goodhead as Vice-Chair.
South Hinksey Parish Council plays an important role in the community but ultimately can only be as effective as the individuals involved. We rely on residents with an interest in local affairs, a willingness to be a voice for the community, and the desire to affect change for the better to stand as Councilllors.
The role of Parish Councillor includes:
- Preparing for and participating in monthly Parish Council Meetings (generally held in the Village Hall on the first Monday evening of each month)
- Setting and managing the annual budget, which covers, amongst other things, maintenance of the verges and woodland; managing the burial ground; employing the Clerk; as well as various one-off special projects
- Contributing to planning consultations for building works within the Parish
- Campaigning on issues of importance to Parishioners such as: traffic and speed; road and pavement maintenance; flooding; access over the railway; and
- Listening out for and acting as a voice for concerns of parishioners.
If interested in joining the Council, please contact the Clerk on the contact details below for more information.
Clerk – Linda Morrison Allsopp
Hinksey Hill ward